Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pine Changing Table Would You Care To Comment On This, Another Day In The Life Of A Nurse?

Would you care to comment on this, another day in the life of a nurse? - pine changing table

Michael
CS Scotkin


A small white house on the beach
Bougainvillea, magenta waves
Wading through a fence
The shadow of the condominium
Ultra-modern monstrosities.

The old man answered my call
Gator tough skin
sometimes only for a band not possible
red balls,
tortured in a ponytail.
Yellow flip-flops.
Cut ", organized with the painting.
The eyes, the eyes of the green beach glass ...
The Irish accent is like syrup
thick and sweet.

It is the patient, I am the sister.
I am the bandage on the back
In the simplicity of a kitchen with
Cypress floors and walls whitewashed.
Small pine table and chairs match
Easel by the window, color,
beautiful painting of a woman and Little Girl
for tanks.
As I write, is brewed tea and conversation.

"My wife and I came here after the war
and bought this place. N then condos.
I worked on fishing boats
worked as a maid in a grand hotel at John'sPass "

He spoke of his young life to the Promised Land
Sun and sand, blankets on the beach at midnight
The stars of the dance.
In anticipation of the birth of her child.

"My sister Kate died when Molly was born.
Molly died the next day. "

He showed me pictures of sixty years.
Mother and daughter portrait.
Memories of what should have been.









2 comments:

Mag (Benison) said...

L1, S3 ... Is it necessary? I love the subtle mystery of why ..

Very clear and pleasant.

Mag (Benison) said...

L1, S3 ... Is it necessary? I love the subtle mystery of why ..

Very clear and pleasant.

Post a Comment